Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Potatoe Peels

I loved that book Diane, it was humorous, informative, sad, colorful, full of great characters and a real joy to read.  At first I had a bit of trouble keeping everyone straight but it wasn't long before I knew them well.  The letters are amazing.  How great that you were able to meet one of the authors.

Leah's idea is great. I've often thought I would try to read a certain list of books but I always end up deviating from the list :)  Off & on for the last couple of years, I've tried to follow along with my local library's book club, reading the books though not always attending the meeting.  I find that I must not experience books like most of the people in the book club because some of the conversations left me puzzled......wondering if we'd read the same book!!  But I have definitely read and enjoyed books that I would not have chosen for my personal "to read" list because of the book club.

A friend of mine is knitting a different hat pattern each week this year, 52 hats for donation by years end.  Isn't  that cool, I want to try it.  All these great ideas, not always enough time.....

2 comments:

  1. Another "letter" book we have read was "The Wednesday Letters". Liked it too but not as much as potato peel.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to leave a comment :)