Monday, November 1, 2010

Looking For A Good Book?

I'm finishing the book "Mennonite in a Little Black Dress" and in search of another good one to read. Since I moved to NC from MA. I seemed to have lost my edge in knowing what's going on in the literary world and the up and coming authors. I used to be a person who knew every book on the Top 10 and the go-to person for a good read.

Things have changed. Maybe it is the slower life style? Having different friends? Or my interests are not the same? I was the person who used to read everything she could get her hands on since the age of 4, would rather read then go out on a date, and was known to always have a book on them but rarely reads novels now.

It's not that I don't read. I do read the newspaper and online news and though I hate to say it knitting books but that's another story for another time. When I go to the bookstore I get the urge to buy a book but having a hard time finding one. What are other people reading? Does anyone have a recommendation?

1 comment:

  1. Diane, in case you don't remember this "I am a numbers person". I love the idea of words, they are just harder for me to understand..anyway, I have been in a book club now for about a year and a half and have read some really good stuff, I think. Of course, everybody's taste is different. "The Help" is on our list but we are waiting for it to come out in paperback so everyone can afford to get a copy. I have heard lots of good things about it. We read "The Swan House" - very good! It is not new though so you might have already read it. With reservation I will tell you that at present I am reading (not for the book club) "The Golden Ratio - The Story of PHI, The World's Most Astonishing Number". Ok, either you are making a disgusting face or you are laughing... that's ok, us nerds make the world go round, I say! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to leave a comment :)