Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Had a good Thanksgiving. I am thankful for so much, however, this time is bitter-sweet. It was four years ago this week that my father went into the hospital, eventually passing away 2 days after Christmas, 4 days after my parents 50th wedding anniversary. The holidays have not been the same since. On top of that, one of my nieces was put in the hospital this week when she tried to harm herself so she was also missed during our family time today. I have been listening to this song over and over the last few days and thought I would share it with you. Life sure ain't easy.



4 comments:

  1. We are all thinking of you, Gayle. Nothing replaces family, and there is always a hole in our hearts when someone is missing from our traditions and celebrations. I am thankful, though, for the new friends I made this year -- including you. I hope you can feel the warmth of our affection over the miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family loss or tragedy is never welcomed but is so much harder to accept in November & December. I believe that Donna is spot on, nothing ever replaces family but in time we come to learn when one door closes another one opens so I'm certain there are special blessings ahead for you & your family. I'll pray for your niece's health in all areas and ask that He comfort her family as you all struggle to help & support her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for such encouragement. He has already placed special blessings on me by giving me new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coralee and Donna said it beautifully. I can't add anything more. Your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to leave a comment :)