Saturday, November 20, 2010

Been Busy!

We are very luck to have moved to an area that has three major universities. There is one that is about ten miles from our home. We have tapped into their activities, concerts, and plays. This past week we went on campus three times. The first was a concert to hear a ladies a cappella group. We enjoyed listening to them and was amazed by their beautiful voices. The next night we went to see a two jazz ensembles play. Before the concert my husband, Bob went to a lecture on film history and cinematography. He was excited to sit in with the students during this presentation. While he was in the lecture I read a book in the student center. (I didn't want to scare any of the students with my knitting.) Bob joined me for the concert after his lecture. The Ensemble II was the first half of the show and they were great. The second half of the concert was Ensemble I who were the more experienced musicians. OMG, they were incredible. I didn't want them to stop playing. Very talented kids in the A Cappella and Jazz Ensembles. Something interesting we noticed while looking through the program was that the A Cappella group were all majoring in liberal arts programs and the Jazz Ensemble members were Science, Math & Engineering majors. Today we were back on campus for their Holiday Arts & Crafts Fair at the university's Crafts Center. I couldn't believe the unique designs that these artists put into their work.

Coralee, I am reading "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" and enjoying it very much. Still trying to get all the characters straight. I heard about the book written by Scott Simon and it got good reviews. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it too. Let me know how you liked Harry Potter. Don't give anything away. I'll be seeing it Thanksgiving weekend with my brother and his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to leave a comment :)