Friday, January 27, 2012

Sadness

I have lost someone very special and I am heartbroken.  I have only known her for 11 years but her impact on my life has been significant.  I have learned many things by watching how she lived her life and served her Lord.  When I am 85, I hope the Lord will bless me with the zest for life and the love for family and friends that Elsiemay Draper showered upon so many of us.  There was no doubt in my mind that she loved me.  I pray that she was as sure of the same in return because I did love her dearly.  I can best celebrate my friend by fitting her life principles into my life.  She was never far when someone needed a hand and she always extended hers.
I miss you today Elsiemay and I will miss you tomorrow but I know one day I will see you again so I can let you go, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to leave a comment :)