Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Miele

To say that I am in love, with this piece of housekeeping equipment, would be both a proclamation of affection and a realization of a dream come true.  I have owned this beauty for almost 2 years and I pay  homage to it each time I put it to use.
I've been married to Marty almost 23 years and I am ashamed and frustrated to say that I have owned nearly that many vacuum cleaners.  I've tried numerous brands and styles,- bags, no bags, wind tunnel, super glide, self propelled, whisper quiet, pet hair exterminator, upright, canister, shoulder mount - honestly, you name it, I've probably tried it.  During those years of disappointment (you get what you pay for) and repeated complaints about one thing or another, little did I know that my knight in shining armor would gallop into my life when I least expected him.
I was shopping for fabric that fateful day and discovered this store just happened to also sell sewing machines and vacuum cleaners; what a combination eh?  Anyway, I wandered over to that area, started reading some of the literature, got a free demo and two weeks later, brought my love home.  My heart wanted to buy him on the spot, but candidly, the price was a lot more than I was willing to spend without talking to Marty first.  We discussed it, Marty went to the store to see this piece of technology that had words of praise, contentment and pleasure rolling off the tongue and out of the mouth of his wife.  A wife who previously loathed this category of cleaning machinery. "Are you sure, really sure, this is 'the one'?", Marty asked. I was.  I still am.
Marty would probably say he loves my Miele too!  No more vacuum cleaners accidentally (wink, wink) tumbling down the stairs, no more unhappy tirades, no more complaints of any kind and best of all , no more  new vacuum cleaners!!  Had I met my Miele sooner, we would probably have a bigger retirement account :)

1 comment:

  1. I have a Dyson and I LOVE IT! Funny how you can fall in love with a vacuum cleaner.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to leave a comment :)