Sunday, January 22, 2012

A list

Many of the blogs I've read recently have started the new year by resolving to do 'things' or to participate in challenges to organize, create, cook, read, knit, etc.  Not wanting to be left out of the trend, I've contemplated the past couple of days about what I could do that would improve my life throughout the year.  I definitely need to lose weight, I've promised Marty to spend more time at home vs work, I'm working on a better personal budget and as many of us crafty sorts do periodically, I've asked my self to please "use what I have before buying more".  All of these things will benefit me and I hope that I will continue to pursue success in all, throughout the year.  But I came up with another idea that will nourish me personally and spiritually.
I try to consciously break away from whatever is happening at some point in each day to pray.  I have a couple of things that I ask for everyday, just like most everyone else but I also try to include a thanksgiving.  I have so much, on so many levels that I never want to take any of it for granted, though I'm sure I do.  So, yesterday I spent some time adding some gadgets to my blog, including a list.  I want to record something different everyday.  I'll exclude my Savior Jesus Christ, my husband and my family because there is not enough space to list the blessings they add to my life each and every day!  Recording the little things, the unexpected moments that add or maybe detract from my day is my goal.  I'm late starting so I won't have a full year but 345 thankful things isn't too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to leave a comment :)