Sunday, September 9, 2012

Old project, done



I bought 5 sections of old wrought iron fence 3 or 4 or 5 years ago.  At the time there was a  plan for what to do with it after I got it painted.  It took me a couple of years to get it painted and by that time the original plan was scrapped. 

In 2010 my dream of a potting shed was realized.  About 2 weeks ago this idea sprang into my head.  I think a little serendipity came in to play here because we had to work around trees, roots, stumps and rocks to set the sections in place. The pieces of fence are random in size so my intention was never to hook them up like 'real' wrought iron fence.
So the floating, if you will, aspect of the varied sections was perfect !!
The area just in front of the fence on the right is a small flower bed in the making.  We put down some weed barrier,  in a semicircle shape, covered it with some left over mulch and I have been slowly puttering away with getting the bed dug up and amending the soil in preparation for spring flower planting.  I have some hyacinths, daffodils and crocus that I'm going to plant on the sunny side of the bed (lots of trees as you can see) and the rest with packaged wildflowers.
This was a belated birthday gift from my husband.  It's the greatest thing, I love it!  All four sides of the wagon fold down so I can haul just about anything around  with me.  When I have things like water buckets that I don't want to bounce off, I pull the sides up.  The mesh bottom isn't always full of dirt like a solid bottom and when the water splashes all over, that's no worry either!  One of my favorite birthday gifts, I have a wonderful husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to leave a comment :)