Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Spooky night

As I got out of the truck after work the other night, I could hear a barred owl talking.  I love that sound and where I live, out in the sticks, I can hear him so clearly.  I stood there and listened, he called a couple more times and then he was silent.  I went in the house and got the owl call, tried to get him to answer me back with no luck.  But I did notice the early evening sky at that point, dusk I guess you could say.   I snapped this photo with my little pocket camera and was really pleased with how it turned out. That night the photo made me think of Halloween and the headless horseman from Sleepy Hollow :)  It was getting too cool to stand on the deck without a coat so I went inside.
Today, with Thanksgiving just a couple days away, this photo reminds me of all the little things we are blessed with each day. I'm thankful for where I live, I love it and it's events like the one mentioned above that make me glad to come home every night and each time I'm away.  Travel is great but home is better !

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to leave a comment :)