Friday, November 11, 2011

Salute to Veterans

I used this photo recently but it is an appropriate photo for today

Veterans Day

I do not know your name, where you're from or how old you are but I do know you.  You decided to join the military because you could not afford college.  You decided to join the military because you could not find a job to support yourself and/or your family.  You decided to join the military because your family has a history of serving our country.  You decided to join the military because you wanted to make a difference.  Regardless of the reason, you decided to join.
Your choice separates you from those you love and who love you.  Your choice at some point may cause you to second guess your wisdom.  Your choice puts you in harms way. Your choice may cause you  to live in a strange land and hear a language you do not understand. Your choice may cause others to call you names and tell you to get out.  Your choice may cost you your life.
My salute to you today thanks you for making that choice.  My salute to you today thanks you for saving your brother while ignoring your own safety.  My salute to you today thanks you for helping, even when it is not appreciated or recognized.  My salute to you today thanks you for being a veteran, for choosing, giving and serving.  My salute to you today thanks you for being active duty, for aspiring to be a veteran and for loving our country enough to accept that you may not come home.


Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to leave a comment :)