Friday, February 24, 2012

Topsy-turvy

When you're an anal sort of person who functions best with a routine and a plan, sometimes the slightest little glitch throws you into a tailspin.   I've had a few glitches the past week or so and finding the time and summoning the wherewithal to write seemed out of my reach. I'm happy that things have improved, today I'm writing and I'm blessed with room to breath.
My mom has been struggling with some high blood pressure issues since the beginning of 2012.  Last week she was in the ER twice (195/90) and admitted the second time.  She was experiencing the classic heart attack symptoms on the second visit which is why they admitted her.  Tests were a bit abnormal but nothing further developed.  Mom has had a heart attack that included quadruple bypass in March 2000 so we tend to be extra cautious.  She was discharged with a list of further testing and we'll see what happens from here.
The husband of a good friend did have a heart attack last Friday.  He's home, being cranky and stressing his wife to the nth degree.  Men!  On top of that, my friend's refrigerator quit working (it had been repaired several times in the last couple of months) and the blower on her furnace malfunctioned!  Talk about a tailspin...my friend was over her limit for excitement to say the least :)  But like me, this week is better, she has a new frig and the part for the furnace should be installed today. Now if she could just fix her husband that easily, a new one perhaps, nah, just some adjustments on both sides!
With  a lot of trepidation, I had also set up a meeting with the other two founding members of my PKP team.  Pennsylvania Kinzua Pathways (PKP) is a civic project I've been involved in for almost 4 years.  If you're curious, check out our website http://www.pennsylvaniakinzuapathways.com/   Anyway, I have some added responsibilities at work that will include travel to Pittsburgh, I have to adjust my priorities for a few months until I get the hang of my new 'routine' and still do all the other things that life requires of me.   I have decided I need to back off on my PKP activity.  That was a really hard decision and I felt obligated to discuss it with my friends face to face.  I'm not good at saying 'No' or 'I can't' but for my own sanity, to keep the job I love and to not shortchange PKP, it was required.  My friends, Joe & Ines, were totally understanding and I'm so grateful and relieved.  Also, PKP recently added 3 new members to our team which couldn't have come at a more appropriate time for me.  The answer to prayers if you will, thank you Lord!
This collage of mine continues to speak to me but still  not
sure what it is trying to say ! 
Speaking of the Lord, I believe He gives us these topsy-turvy times so we can appreciate the calm times more and be thankful for them.  I wish I could remember that when everything seems upside down!  It is said that He doesn't give us more than we can handle, but sometimes I feel like He's stretching me too thin.  As hard as that is for me, it's a good thing too because finding new sides of me, learning to do new things both personally and professionally are part of the goals I set for myself this year.  I do wish He wouldn't throw so much at me or my friends all at once,  but in my case, He certainly knows what a bad time manager I am, so maybe He's just helping His little lamb along :)  I'm pleased to have made it over these hurdles and I'm happy for today, another gift from Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to leave a comment :)