Monday, February 13, 2012

About me

Reading one of the blogs I follow hit home for me yesterday.  Erin at Two Story Cottage  described herself and it sounded a bit like me.  I'm just learning how to talk about myself (one of my goals for 2012), I don't update my FB page and I don't promote my blog.  My blog is more for me than it is for you (no offense), a way for me to journal or talk out loud about myself until I'm brave enough to do it face to face.  I could ramble on about how I'm trying to psychoanalyze myself, improve my self confidence and become a better person but... that's not the purpose of this post.
I commented to Erin that she had inspired me to join her in posting 25 things about Me.  Me being me, I tried to figure out what I should write, in what order and how I should phrase everything but in the end it sounded fake.  It sounded fake because it was, sort of; the list was contrived.  So, here is another go at it, no advance thinking, just what ever pops into my head.

  1. I've been married 3 times. Third time has been the proverbial charm, 23 yrs married in September and 26 years together!
  2. I own at least a dozen dictionaries; they are scattered around the house and at my office.
  3. I knit, I love it but I'm very slow to complete my projects
  4. I am a veteran, served in the US Army back in the 70's.
  5. I'm planning to get a new hairstyle next week, I've been searching the web for styles I like.  Very unusual for me, normally I let my stylist decide how to fix my hair.
  6. I'm Native American- Seneca Nation, Bear Clan and have never lived on a reservation but other maternal generations of my family did and do.  
  7. As a young child I aspired to be an elementary school teacher.
  8. Any time the opportunity to take a self examination quiz, survey, DISC, etc presents itself, I do it.  No real answers yet!
  9. I wear only silver or white gold jewelry, except for the pendant I have that belonged to my late mother in law, it is yellow gold.
  10. Purple is my favorite color.
  11. I am a terrible manager of time.
  12. I love to travel as often as I can, though most of my trips are centered around family or work.
  13. I had cataract surgery in 2011.
  14. I have 2 sisters and 5 brothers and both of my parents are still living--I'm very lucky.
  15. I want to get in better shape this year and I hope that leads to losing weight.  
  16. I drive a Toyota Tacoma pickup with a cap, a hand me down from Marty after he got a brand new truck and traded in my beloved Subaru :(
  17. I love to dance and danced my heart and butt away in my 20's & 30's; a fixture on several local dance floors; personal enjoyment only, no real talent. I should take up dancing again but good bands and bars seem to be a thing of the past.
  18. I had my first pedicure when I turned 50.
  19. I love coming home, it makes me feel good.
  20. I'd love to drive a really fast car but I'm so afraid something bad will happen.
  21. It's hard for me to work in clutter, I need to have a sense of organization to function well.
  22. I was once a New York Jets fan and thought Mark Gastineau was ' the man'.  I wised up and realized that Clint Eastwood was my Man; I have loved him since I was a young girl watching Rawhide with my Uncle Frank.
  23. My Dad is the second most important man in my life.
  24. I would like to sky dive.
  25. If money was no object I'd love to have a large two story house, with beautiful curtains in every window, a wrap around porch, rocking chairs, abundant hanging plants and game boards and sweet ice tea at the ready for neighborhood porch parties every weekend.
Well there's a numbered list of random things you didn't know about me.  Erin had a linky party going with someone else but I'm not up to that yet and maybe never will but at least I posted my list ! YEAH!










3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your list. It's a great way to express the positive things in your life. After completing the list you should feel good about yourself. Most importantly: Purple is my favorit color too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coralee, your list showed me something. We have a great deal in common! I'm an Army veteran. I've been married three times as well. I'm working on getting in shape. I love dictionaries, and as a child, I read them for entertainment. Time manages to get away from me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about my dictionaries being entertainment but I guess they were for me too. I did and still do, page through them looking at the pictures, reading the definitions and wonder who thought up all these words.
      Being married 3 times is not one of the things I talk about freely. I'm ashamed that I failed twice at something I value so much. But as I get older, those first two seem like a completely different lifetime, like it wasn't really me...maybe it was my evil twin:) Marty & I have been together nearly 26 years, he's all that matters now but it felt good to say, " Hey, you know what, I've been married 3 times". Imagine Tim is the charm for you that Marty is for me...congrats!

      Delete

How nice of you to leave a comment :)