Sunday, February 13, 2011

My husband is pretty special

Marty is an only child.  His mother left her family in Germany in 1952 to come here. His father died 30 plus years ago.  He and his mother were very close, they talked everyday.  He has been so strong.  I thought I was going to be strong for him, I wanted to be strong for him but I'm struggling.  He had said, "I would rather give her up than see her suffer". I admire him for his selflessness and as it turns out, they were not just idle words, he meant it.

We were both at her side, I held her hand. Marty wasn’t sure if that was where he wanted to be but as she passed from this life he talked to her.  He told her to enjoy the family reunion ahead of her, told her he loved her and even though he would miss her forever, he wanted her to go.  He was so strong, she would have been proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to leave a comment :)