Friday, December 3, 2010

Busy

We got back from our Thanksgiving in Michigan. Although the weather was cold, we got to spend time with my brother and his family. It was special because we got to celebrate the first Thanksgiving in his new home. On Friday we went to a pottery store and painted ornaments. It was the first time my husband did something like that. Bob showed some hidden talent we didn't know about. We played a lot of Wii and watched several movies. It was a long six days away from home with so much to do to get ready for Christmas.

Donna you are spot on about the yarn for my hats. The grey hat is Cascade 220. I use that yarn on most of my hats. The pattern is One Row Hat and it's free on Ravelry. The cable beanie is Knit Picks Capra. I got some to play around with and found it's more light worsted then a DK weight. The pattern is also from Ravelry but I wouldn't recommend it. It wasn't test knitted so I had to work out the mistakes. I only paid $1.00 for it. Now the designer is asking $4.95 for it. The baby hat was knitted in Be Sweet.

Coralee we didn't get to see the new Harry Potter movie. My nephew said we had to see the movie before this one in order to understand the newly released one. We didn't have enough time to watch the previous Harry Potter movie. It wasn't on my brother's list for us to watch.

I have two grandchildren. My granddaughter is six years old and is in kindergarten. My grandson is three and in nursery school. My daughter and her family live in the Cleveland area. Something you didn't know about me.

Since I been home I've been working on gifts for teachers. My daughter asked me to knit scarfs for my grandson's teachers. I started one and decided to keep it for myself. I know, I'm bad..... Now I have to start over. I felted all day today on the small entrelac bags. It's more difficult to felt something small than a large item. They are for my granddaughter's teachers.

This is going to be a busy weekend getting the house ready for the holidays, baking and going to our Farmers Market to order the wreathes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to leave a comment :)