Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Perspective

We were out at a dump site looking for rocks to use for our walkway a couple of weeks ago when I took this picture.  When I downloaded it from my camera and viewed it full screen, the first thing I thought was, wow, that picture looks weird.  It made me feel like I was standing at the bottom of a valley, looking up at mountain peaks, when really, the rock pile was just a couple of feet taller than either one of us and the trees were just regular trees in the background.
The view isn't always what it seems; it's out of focus or at a funny angle or maybe purposely deceptive.  We can't always take things at face value but I tend to, about 99 percent of the time.  We laugh together often, Marty & I, joking we are the perfect pair, you know, opposites attract; I see the good and he sees the bad, half full versus half empty.
Marty says I'm easily fooled and perhaps he's right because I do get hurt.  But I would rather be disappointed in my judgement or shed a tear or two as opposed to not giving someone or something the opportunity to prove that they are as good or better than I believe.
I think living life is all about perspective, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to leave a comment :)