Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Yarn Miracle's The Swap of Discontent

Just over one year since I posted last-- WOW -- I wonder where the time went.  I hope I enjoyed at least some of it!

Participated in a fun knitters swap with the Yarn Miracle gang and I received my box of goodies today.
Pleasant surprise after a long day working on quarterly tax returns.  I'm excited, wouldn't you be !?!



I commented over at Yarn Miracle that my swap partner must have been lurking in the corners  at my home; if she wasn't how did she know exactly what to send me??   Quick rundown -- a variety of tea and cocoa, cider and cappuccino packets, skinny cow chocolate snacks, Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup recipe, knit bookmark, Chicken Run movie, pattern for a cowl - Quilted by Kiwiyarn Knits and Sunrise Fiber Co. Cloud DK in Amethyst and a lovely stitch marker.

I'm not a coffee drinker.  I drink hot cocoa but tea is my warm drink of choice.  Purple is my FAVORITE color. I  love to read and said to someone just last week--"You can never have too many bookmarks."  I went to see Chicken Run at least twice at the theater; I laughed more each time, loved it.  I have three crock pots and use one at least once a week, especially this time of year.  I've been trying to get in better shape, treadmill walking only, at this time--skinny cow is certainly appropriate :)  The pattern reads nice, I may start this weekend as we are planning a trip to Pittsburgh.  The yarn is 40% baby alpaca, 40% wool and 20% silk and did I mention I love purple!!!

The excitement of the evening has me totally worn out, I need a cup of tea and the book beside my chair.
Thanks swap partner, I'm totally overwhelmed <3

2 comments:

  1. Lovely gifts to get you through the winter of discontent. I've mailed my package and look forward to seeing what everyone receives. So many good ideas! Hope you enjoy making your cowl.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure was thrilled. We didn't go to Pittsburgh (bad weather) so I didn't get to start cowl. I've got several other, more attention required,projects to work on at home. One needs to be finished by 2/9 and I'm not even half way yet. FOCUS! Hope your box arrives soon and you'll be thrilled too.

      Delete

How nice of you to leave a comment :)